Migrating content is no more difficult now
Your Content Is Important. Trust It With WP Ultimate CSV Importer!
With our all-in-one ultimate import export bundle for WordPress, you can now quickly and conveniently import all types of content from XML and CSV files in fast and easy steps. Our plugin will help you save time and effort while still ensuring accuracy and precision. Whether you are an experienced developer or a novice user, this plugin is your perfect solution.
Try our free demo site here to get started today, and you won’t be disappointed!
You can import all types of content from XML and CSV files directly with WP Ultimate CSV Importer Plugin.
What to import as CSV/XML
- Blog posts, Pages, and Media (such as Featured Images and inline Images)
- Taxonomies (Categories & Tags)
- WordPress Custom Fields, Comments, and Reviews
- Custom Posts created by CPT UI, Pods, Toolset, JetEngine, and CustomPress
- WooCommerce Products & Bundle Import Available as Add On
- WordPress Users & Members Import from CSV Available as Add On
- WordPress all export to CSV/XML Post, Products, Orders, Refunds, Coupons, Taxonomies, Menus, WP User export, and comments feature can be enabled as Add On
Purchase Ultimate CSV Importer Premium one-time for more import and export features.
Advanced Features that make life easy
- Built-in drag-and-drop feature for easy content uploads with just a few steps.
- Upload as a zip compressed file from PC, URL, or FTP/SFTP.
- Visitors are notified when maintenance mode is in effect during import.
Huge list of Plugins Supported
- Advanced Custom Fields (ACF): Basic, Choices, ACF repeater, and jQuery fields.
- MetaBox Plugin ~ Basic & Limited Advanced fields.
- Pods ~ CPT and All Fields.
- JetEngine ~ Basic fields.
- WooCommerce ~ WooCommerce Products are imported with categories, tags, gallery images, and attributes.
- WooCommerce Product Bundles Plugin.
- WooCommerce Billing & Shipping Information
- WordPress SEO Plugins: AIOSEO (free & pro), RankMath SEO FREE, SEOPress (free & pro).
- WP Job Manager Plugin.
- Custom Field Suite plugin.
- WP Customer Reviews.
- LearnPress plugin ~ Courses, Lessons, Quizzes, Orders, and Questions.
- LifterLMS plugin ~ Courses, Coupons, Reviews, Lessons.
- MasterStudy LMS plugin ~ Courses, Lessons, Quizzes, Questions, and Orders.
- BuddyPress Import
- bbPress ~ Topic, Reply, and Forum
- Post Expirator Plugin.
- Featured Image from URL(FIFU)
- TotalPress Custom post types, Custom Fields & more ~ CPTs, Custom Fields
What is WP or WordPress import?
It is a method to import your content from one WordPress database or instance to another using a plugin.
It allows you to copy all the existing posts, pages, and categories from an existing site into a new website. Our plugin can do this by using the WordPress database as a source of information on your old site. You can then move the content to another website or blog.
This means that when you import using our plugin, you’ll be able to use all the same posts, pages, and categories that were already on your old site. You’ll also have access to all the settings and options configured on your old site before shutting it down.
Our plugin has been around for 12 years now and it’s still one of the most used plugins when it comes to importing content on WordPress sites. You can use this plugin to migrate your existing WordPress installation to a new one. Or even export content, and import or update your data in bulk.
How to import files in WordPress
The easiest way to import files is by uploading them directly to WordPress. You can also use import tools found under Tools > Import/Export or a plugin. If you have installed the plugin go to the WP Ultimate CSV importer menu to import or export WordPress. You can import any file in WordPress. Supported file formats like XML, or CSV.
Why XML & CSV Format for WordPress Importer
The CSV method allows any users with basic Excel or spreadsheet knowledge to audit, change, edit, or update the data visually in bulk before importing. This method involves any offline program that requires limited manual work and takes less time.
Editing XML requires a basic understanding of the structure. Otherwise, users are limited to importing without any changes to the source file.
You can choose between XML and CSV. With WP Ultimate CSV Importer you can import and export Posts, Pages, Custom Posts, WooCommerce, and other post types to and from WordPress.
How to use this CSV & XML WordPress Importer
- You can use the export option and export records(existing content) from WordPress to create a base sample CSV or XML file or use it as a template to build your import file.
- You can easily edit, and update the export file to import back.
- You can add new fields with values to existing posts via import file.
- Or add more posts according to your needs.
- Use the update option by choosing existing items while importing. This will update/replace values as per mapping setups.
Tips to do it right
- Always do a demo import after export, then test and improve the migration.
- Take a safe DB backup before import in case a simple rollback is required(You can find the rollback settings in the import configuration area).
- Always validate the file before you run the import.
- Do several test/demo imports with 5-10 records to verify the accuracy.
- Learn, edit, and improve the CSV/XML file content.
- Edit, correct, improve, and fine-tune your uploaded file until you get 100% satisfactory results.
- The same process should be repeated for the remaining data rows in the uploaded file.
- Finalize your file, and go for the actual import.
Few Simple Steps to Publish in Bulk
Importing content in bulk can be done in several ways depending on the source type, platform, and file type.
- Browse and then upload your CSV/XML file content into the system.
- Select a post or data type from the drop-down menu.
- Drag & drop or select & map appropriate WordPress fields against the file headers.
- Enable media handling for external images to ensure they are imported correctly.
- Use advanced options to have more control over how content is published.
- Verify, confirm, and click import to process all the data in one go.
- Review the real-time log and make sure that all posts created are accurate.
View this YouTube tutorial video playlist for detailed instructions on how to successfully publish content with various supporting 3rd party plugins.
What are Import and Export in WordPress?
Importing and exporting are two different things. WordPress can import data from other sources, but it cannot export the data to another source. It is possible to export a WordPress database using the wp_export_dump() function to back up your database tables in bulk. Other ways are using a plugin to export the data as XML, CSV, or JSON file formats.
If the webmaster is inconvenient with manual copying, then this is a welcome change. Instead of copying and pasting, simply drag and drop!
Importing content that is posts, pages, and attachments is an extremely useful tool for building out sites with content from other sources. You can use it as an alternative to building SEO structures within your website or adding new products or services to existing sites.
How to import WordPress site from localhost
If you are using XAMPP or WAMP, it is possible to export after development and customization as XML or CSV from the export tab. You can trim content using advanced filters to exclude unwanted and unfinished items for migration. Then import the site to a remote host.
You can also use this method when building new sites, developing them in localhost, and needing access to existing content on the old server.
This is also useful if you have moved your site to another server or hosting and want to move it back.
WordPress Migration Step 1: How to do WordPress all export
- Go to the Export tab.
- Choose a type of post from the available list.
- Give a name and choose a type for the file to export.
- Choose to split for larger exports.
- No. of advanced filters available to narrow down your export.
- Apply some of them appropriately to your needs.
- You can also choose to schedule this export in the background.
- Click Export to process.
- Hit the Download button to save your export file.
WordPress Migration Step 2: WP All CSV/XML file Import in a few simple steps
- Prepare the data file that includes all content.
- Validate the file and fix any conflicts before import.
- Navigate to the Import/Update tab in the plugin.
- Upload the file to import.
- Choose New or Update Existing item Import.
- And choose the post type from the drop-down.
- Update the field mapping between WordPress attributes from the left to data headers on the right side.
- You can control the data from particular columns to be imported as a specific WP field in mapping.
- Cross-check and update the mapping to confirm everything is good to go.
- You can also import posts with images from external remote URLs or by uploading a localized compressed zip file.
- Choose the appropriate option to handle images.
- Click continue to process import.
Migrate Your LMS Content with the WordPress Import Export Plugin
If you’re planning to migrate your old WordPress LMS site data to a new one, the WP Import Export Plugin is your best ally. With support for LearnPress, LifterLMS, and MasterStudy LMS plugins, it’s a breeze to transfer your online courses, lessons, quizzes, questions, orders, and more. WP Ultimate CSV Importer drastically cuts down the time required to populate your LMS website with data. Give it a spin and experience the advantages firsthand! Check out our tutorial blog on building an LMS website using MasterStudy and CSV Importer Plugins to get started.
The WordPress Ultimate CSV Importer Pro offers powerful premium features to meet our user’s requirements. A few features are listed below:
- ACF(Advanced custom fields) Free & Pro plugin.
- CMB2 fields
- Toolset Types (Custom fields, Post Relation, Intermediate post, Repeatable Field & Repeater Field Group)
- E-commerce data such as WooCommerce(Variations, Attributes), and WPeCommerce.
- Multi-Languages by WPML, qTranslate X, and Polylang plugins.
- Yoast SEO Free & Pro plugin.
- Events Manager Free & Pro plugin.
- NextGEN Gallery plugin.
- Schedule as many background imports and make it recursive.
- Update old data by Post ID or Title or slug Match.
- Export with advanced filter set and in different file format output.
Please visit WordPress Importer & Export Premium Features here for more details and contact us for technical support via email.