The GDPR Cookie Consent plugin will assist you in making your website GDPR compliant. It comes with a host of features some of which are listed below.
- The plugin will enable a notice with Accept and Reject options. The cookies are not rendered by default and only upon user consent. (The cookie value will be set to ‘null’ by default; it takes a value ‘yes’ when the user clicks ‘Accept’ and ‘no’ upon ‘Reject’. Your developer can check this value to set a cookie accordingly.)
- This plugin adds a subtle cookie banner to your website either in the header or footer so you can show your compliance status regarding the new GDPR law.
- You can fully customise the cookie notice style so it blends with your existing website: change the colours, fonts, styles, the position on the page and even how it behaves when you click “Accept”.
- You can choose to make the cookie notice bar disappear after a few seconds (completely configurable) or to accept on scroll (an option available under Italian law).
- It also has a Cookie Audit module so you can easily show what cookies your site uses and display them neatly in a table on your Privacy & Cookies Policy page.