Enhance your website’s performance by eliminating redundant data like ‘old revisions’, ‘spam comments’, and more, while optimizing the database.
Long-term WordPress users need to seriously consider database maintenance. Over time, your database likely accumulates unnecessary clutter, such as outdated revisions, unused post meta, and spam comments, leading to a slower, more cumbersome site. Regularly purging this data can significantly decrease your database size, boosting site efficiency. Moreover, this streamlining results in faster database backups, as the backup files become more compact.
‘Advanced Database Cleaner’ is an essential plugin that provides capabilities for thorough database cleaning, optimization, and more.
- Delete old revisions of posts and pages
- Delete old auto drafts
- Delete trash posts
- Delete pending comments
- Delete spam comments
- Delete trash comments
- Delete pingbacks
- Delete trackbacks
- Delete orphan post metadata
- Delete orphan comment metadata
- Delete orphan user metadata
- Delete orphan term metadata
- Delete orphan relationships
- Delete expired transients
- Display and view orphaned information before making a database clean-up so you can be sure about what you are going to clean-up
- Search & filter all items based on their names or values
- Keep last x days’ data from being cleaned: clean only data older than the number of days you have specified
- Schedule database clean up to run automatically
- Create as many scheduled cleanup tasks as you need and specify what items should be cleaned by the scheduled task
- Scheduled tasks can be executed based on several frequencies: Once, hourly, twice a day, daily, weekly or monthly
- Display database tables information such as the number of rows, table size, etc.
- Optimize database tables (The plugin will notify you if any tables require optimization)
- Repair corrupted database tables or damaged ones (The plugin will notify you if any tables are corrupted or damaged)
- Schedule database optimization and/or reparation to run automatically and specify what tables should be optimized and/or repaired
- Empty database tables rows
- Clean and delete database tables
- Display options list
- Display options information such as option name, option value, option size, option autoload
- Clean and delete options
- Set options autoload to no / yes
- Display active cron tasks list (scheduled tasks) with their information such as arguments, next run, etc.
- Clean and delete scheduled tasks
- User-friendly and simple to use
- The plugin is compatible with Multisite installations
- Only the main site can view, clean and optimize the whole network. Other sites in the network cannot perform these tasks. We have opted for this philosophy because we are sure that your DB is precious and only the super administrator can perform such actions
- You can clean up all sites from one place (the main site). You can also specify specific sites you want to cleanup
By using the ADC plugin, you will
- Get an overview: The plugin will help you get an overview of what is happening in your database. It will report all unused/orphaned items that should be cleaned, it will give you the number of tables/options/tasks you have, etc. This way, you can control your database if anything goes wrong
- Save time: You can specify what items should be cleaned/optimized/repaired, what is the number of days’ data to keep and the cleanup/optimization/reparation frequency. The plugin will then automate the process to run automatically based on your settings
- Save space: By deleting unused/orphaned items, you will save space in your database and make quicker backups since the file of your backup will be smaller
You are welcome to contribute to the plugin translation via the WordPress translation website.